Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Portriat Innovations Pictures

We traveled up to Novi, MI this weekend to get pictures at Portrait Innoviations. Its about a 45 min drive, so always an actual event. I am always a little nervous we will do the drive & the kids will not feel like getting their pictures taken.

Initially, my fears came true as Brooke wanted nothing to do with the photographer. She thought he was a scary instead of funny, and cried instead of smiled. After 30 minutes of failed attemps we asked if we could reschedule for an hour later, and have a female photographer instead. I felt bad about needing to make this request, but was confident we weren't going to have any sucess with this first photographer.

Fortunately, after an hour walk around Trader Joe's, we came back and got some really cute pictures of the kids! Whew!

Here are a few of my favorites. I really like going to this place as they take 70+ pictures, and really give you as much time as you need. We are always the ones saying we think we have enough, and she is done smiling :)

Brooke & her #2 block!



My little angels!


Since Tyler is only a week, the best pictures of him were sleeping. The only options were either crying or sleeping.



I was also very excited to get a good family picture. The goal is to have one good family one each year. Whew. I know the picture is very, very posed, but that's ok. Plus I was already able to fit into a pair of my jean shorts...yeah hoo! (Yes, they were pretty tight, but I was able to button them!) Also, not too bad with only a few hours of sleep that night!



And the best part, here are just a few of the "out take" pictures. Once again there were lots, so I tried to pick some of my favorites!


"Show me your teeth."








"Can someone make this baby stop crying?"








Got to love Brooke's face in this one!


1 comment:

rebecca said...

Jeremy is wearing the same onesie right now... you have good taste. Love your family picture.