Tyler weighed in at 9 lbs 3 oz, and measured 21" long. The goal is for the babies to be back to their birth weight (8 lbs 6 oz) by 2 weeks old! I guess that mommy milk is working well! Tyler is still great at nursing, which as been such a nice experience, compared to the battles I had with Brooke. I am however, going to probably be introducing the bottle this week, as he will need to be a pro at this as well by 8 weeks old, which is when I am planning on going back to work :( Fortunately, I already have over 500 oz of milk in the freezer, and the stock is continuing to steadily grow. I am hoping to be able to donate some of this but, with Brooke we ended up using it all, so we will see. Tyler's next doctor visit is when he is 2 months old.
Brooke also had a great doctor's appointment. She is 26 lbs & 33". The doctor said kids are estimated at half their final height at 2 years old, so this would make Brooke 5' 6". (2" taller than mommy.) I guess only time will tell! I was also glad to be able to answer positively to all the questions the doctor asked about her skills. She is still pretty shy at first, and may not talk as much as some, but it was very encouraging to hear there were no concerns with her development!
Here are Tyler's 1 week pictures! Yes, he has his own "sign" now too!
What a cute little man :)



No comments:
Post a Comment