Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

7 Years ago!

Seven years ago today was one of the most magic days of my life!

The whole adventure started in college, where Nick & I had many of our classes together. Nick and I officially started dating my third year in college Veteran's weekend in 2000. I was down in Dayton after having my wisdom teeth pulled, and Nick drove all the way down from Toledo to give me flowers, and see how I was doing. (I blame it on all the pain meds I was on, but who could resist that gesture? We have been together ever since!)

Then for my 23rd birthday, Nick took me out for a fancy dinner, gave me a very nice diamond neckless (to throw me off), and took me on a nice evening walk though the Toledo campus. He took me to the Toledo seal, which is at the center of campus where all the sidewalks meet, and got down on one knee! All I kept saying was "REALLY!?!? REALLY?!?, and then of course said yes. This is also the same place he took me back in 2000 for our first real kiss :)

Here are some of our pictures from that wonderful wedding day 7 years ago. These are the pictures from Cox Arboretum, where we spent some time just having fun!


My two favorite sisters!




All my silly bride's maids.



Groom's men and their flowers....






Yellow callalilies are still one of my favorite flowers!



It was a beautiful & magic day!

No comments: