Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Clean Those Baby Toys!

Ok, so we always try to wipe down Brooke's toys before she uses them, especially because I buy most of them second hand. I bought her this fun little car yesterday off craigslist, and it was in beautiful shape.

Maybe it looked so shinny, because I am guessing they used shoe polish on the steering wheel to make it shine!! How annoying...straight to the bath she went. We are going to now have to see how easy it cleans off!


Follow up...I got an email back from the lady I bought the car from. Turns out it was armorall, which appearently causes the coloring to come off! Hopefully, we can clean it off easily tomorrow.

2 comments:

And Now There Are Four said...

We buy or get most of our toys second hand too. Baby toys are so expensive! Garage sales, Craigslist, Freecycle and consignment shops are where I look first if we want/need something. Anyway, Mike's brother gave us this car and we needed new wheels. If you end up wanting a new steering wheel because of the icky stuff, you can call and buy a replacement. Here's a link to all the info.

http://step2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/step2.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7

BTW, they are sending out new handle hardware because older models were starting to lose the bolt holding it on. This is free.

rebecca said...

Seriously Armorall, I know I shouldn't giggle at all the extra work you are now having to do... but come on, these people pro-created, can't they read a label? We buy all our kids stuff second hand too.