Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby Cuddling

Brooke woke up last night around 10:00, and just wanted a little cuddle time with her mommy before going back to sleep. As I rocked her in my arms, many thoughts ran through my mind..."How can I freeze this perfect moment in time?" "How do I make sure to remember this always?" "My little girl is already almost a year old, and before I know it she will be too big for my lap, and not want my cuddling at night...therefore I must freeze this moment." The best solution I could come up with was continuing to hold her longer, and capture a picture so I could look back on that magic experience, and hope it helps me to never forget.....



Follow up......

Once again tonight, Brooke wanted some mommy cuddling, and it made me realize that even between just today, and yesterday the moment had already been partially forgotten. I had forget everything which had made the moment so special...being able to feel the weight of her head on my chest; listening and feeling little baby breaths; watching her sleeping so peacefully; feeling her little twitches, and being their to hold her tighter; wondering if I could just fall asleep in the chair so I didn't have to lay her down alone in her bed; wondering how long I could stay up holding her versus how tired I will be at work in the morning.......

Maybe writing this down will help me to remember better???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah, this is such a sweet little post to your blog. It brought a tear to my eye :)

And Now There Are Four said...

So sweet and oh so true. I was thinking the same thing the other night. Miles is starting to not want to cuddle at night and it's so sad. He'd rather just lay down and go to bed. When he does snuggle, he looks just like Brooke :) When did our babies get so big?