Its crazy how much time I have gotten to spend at the doctor's office this past week. It started with a fever Monday night for Brooke that seems to go away during the day, and then come back at night. I spend 2 hrs with her at the after hours doctor Thursday, to get a diagnosis of pneumonia, and an ear infection. We then went back Friday afternoon to see her normal pediatrician, as I wanted a more throughout review. We left the doctor's office this time, after x-rays, a breathing treatment, with a diagnosis of croup, pneumonia, and two ear infections! Poor kiddo. Brooke however, was still in a pretty good mood, just a little sleepy. The doctor changed her antibiotic, and also prescribed a steroid.
We had a follow up appointment scheduled for Tuesday to have Brooke checked again to make sure the meds were working, at which I had planned to bring Tyler so the Dr. could listen to his lungs, and check out his ears as well. I guess Tyler didn't want to wait until Tuesday, as he woke up Saturday afternoon with pink eye. Another 2 hours at urgent care, and the doctor also determined that he had an ear infection as well. (No surprise here, as I was concerned this was the case.) Then finally back to the doctor on Tuesday, where Brooke was give a breathing treatment to bring home to do for the week, and an increase in Tyler's meds, as his ear infection still looked pretty bad.
Here is what our counter looks like....
I also learned too much about the pharmacy's in the area! Kroger's is the worst. (The syringe didn't even fit in the container, and they took way too long!) Target is the best! The bottles have a small opening for the syringe to allow easy medicine dispensing. They color code the bottles for each family member. (Brooke is purple as shown above.) Also, they have about 6 different flavors you can add to the medicine to make it taste better, and the pharmacist was actually very helpful and nice. And finally, Sav-More is the only pharmacy in the area open till 9 pm!
However, Brooke was still smiling, and excited to show her new hat that momma made her.
Daddy teaching Brooke the finer skills of "Angry Bird".
Look at me standing...now just wait until I am walking!
So what do you do with your kids when they are not feeling well?? I dress mine all up as little bees.
2 months ago










1 comment:
As we are on our third Ear infection in a month I hope your little family feel better soon.
Post a Comment