Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy 31 Month Birthday Brooke

Brooke "celebrated" her 31 month birthday today.  Unfortunately, it wasn't one of her better month birthdays, as she got a diagnostic of pneumonia at the Dr. office.  She was "kick out" of daycare on Wednesday for a really deep cough, and a fever, plus she just looked so exhausted.  We found out another child was sent home as well and reported to have strep, so we figured we better get her in to the doctor as soon as possible today.  I am so glad we did as they determined she actually had pneumonia instead of strep. They put her on a z-pack to help kick this thing out of her system as quick as possible. (If it wasn't for the report of the other kid we may have tried to let her get better own her own without taking her in just yet, so its definitely a blessing in disguise.)

She is doing much better tonight, and actually ate some dinner & drank her milk!  We had very little success of getting her to drink anything yesterday.  She even refused a pop pop (aka popsicle), which was very unheard of.

In other news Brooke has finally started saying "Grandma!"  However, it sounds a little bit more like "umbrella" to me.  She tries to mimic the way she thinks she heard Emi say it, and as I said it sounds like umbrella to me.  However, I don't think either grandma is complaining, because as far as I can tell anything is better than her previous "Not the Papa!"

Well I am off to bed, as this may be another long night of waking up many times with the kiddos!






This is also the first "month pictures shots" I can't take credit for as Nick was home with Brooke today, and took them!

No comments: