Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Ironman Pictures...take two!

We finally got rights to the professional Ironman pictures. Here are some more pictures from Nick's race.


The calm before the race....
The pros started the race at 6:50 a.m., 10 minutes before the mass start. Here are the lead guys & gals just as the sun is rising.
The rest of the 2000+ athletes hung out in the water waiting on the second gun to go off!...and now they are off. As I said last time, the whole first mile was pretty much a mass beating, and you see see this from the picture!

Nick was super excited to be out of that water!!
Here is a picture of the parking garage helix the athletes had to run up once they were finished with the swim. This also gives you an idea about the crazy amount of spectators. I don't know how many times I said sorry throughout the day for rolling over toes with the stroller! Now he is off for his fun 112 mile passing excursion. As I mentioned last time, the bike is really Nick's favorite part of the race as well as his strong point. He did pass around 1700 people and all!
Look at that fancy custom painted helmet! It did help for spotting him the one time I got to see him on the bike!
Next they go by the capital building to both start...and finish their run!
Nick actually looks a little bit like he is working in these run pictures. (If you remember in the last post he was smiling in every picture of the run...I guess that had something to do with being able to see his kiddo...and wife.)
They did a quick jog across the Wisconsin Badgers Football Stadium.
Still going...going....
This is one of my favorite pictures!!! Why you may ask....
He...he...he....
Congratulations Nick for an excelent job! Now what are you going to do with all your free time now that you aren't training for 12-15 hrs per week!

No comments: